Problem with write binary data to OLE field in Access

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Mar 27 07:22:18 EDT 2008

lialie wrote:
[... snip slightly confused indication that reading back a
binary item using GetChunk appears to double its length ...]

Well I don't know why this should be happening, but I do at
least have a few suggestions:

1) Try using ADODB.Stream instead of GetChunk etc.

2) Try using the adodbapi dbapi-compliant wrapper

3) Try using ODBC (via PyODBC, CeODBC etc.)

I've no idea if any of these will do any better but at
least it gives you some possibilities :)

TJG