system32 directory

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 12:36:36 EST 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 2:49 AM, Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:

> Ah. Sorry. I'm sure you can call it via ctypes (built in
> from Python 2.5). But even if I'd realised that's what
> you'd wanted, I'd probably have given the original answer
> because pywin32 pretty much *is* standard library for any
> Python installation I do on Win32 :)
>
> TJG

I didn't mean to convey that I was rejecting your initial answer, I was just
hoping that I wouldn't have to go download another library. Usually it means
I have to compile it myself, which in my experience is a total pain in the
neck to do on Windows. I'm definitely going to check out pywin32, since
ctypes seems like a tedious solution (as many have already pointed out).

Thanks again!