How about adding rational fraction to Python?

Lie Lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 01:33:25 EST 2008

On Feb 29, 5:33 am, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> > > And rightly rejected by many other programming languages, including
> > > modern Python, not to mention calculators, real mathematics and
> > > common sense.
>
> > Lost me again.  I was not aware that calculators, real mathematics
> > and common sense were programming languages.
>
> I didn't say they were. Please parse my sentence again.

In the widest sense of the term computer and programming language,
actually calculators and real mathematics are programming languages.
Programming languages is a way to communicate problems with computer.
Computer is anything that does computation (and that includes
calculator and a room full of a bunch of people doing calculation with
pencil and paper[1]). The expressions we write in a calculator is a
(very limited) programming language, while mathematics conventions is
a language to communicate a mathematician's problems with the
computers[2] and other mathematicians

[1] Actually the term computer was first used to refer to this bunch
of people
[2] The computers in this sense is people that does computation