a Roguelike in Python

andrei.avk at gmail.com andrei.avk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 02:34:44 EDT 2008

On Mar 12, 8:25 am, Mdo... at gmail.com wrote:
> Seeing the 7DRL start up recently, i wanted to see what one was made
> of. Python is the language i'm most familiar with so i searched for
> some code to look at, but i couldn't find any. Can anyone direct me to
> the right place?
>
> I did some searching on what it would take to write a roguelike in
> python and it looked like the curses module would work perfectly, but
> it looks to me like it doesn't work in windows? I tried to import it
> and it says 'No Module named _curses'
>
> Sorry if all this sounds a bit noobish, it's only cause i am.

I made a very small basic roguelike, except that in it you control
the monsters instead of the hero. It uses curses so no worky in
windows.
Here:

http://silmarill.org/nodes/I,_monster_game.html

I later modified this game to control the hero and sometimes to ask
you multiple-choice questions from biology and other fields of
knowledge,
and based on your right/wrong answer it either makes a Hit for your HP
or gives you a small reward. If there's interest i can post that
updated
game too. Both are kind of buggy though.. -ak