wxPython/wxWidgets ok for production use ? (was Re: Quality assurance in Python projects containing C modules)

Gilles Ganault nospam at nospam.com
Mon Mar 10 23:21:52 EDT 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:27:06 -0400, "Malcolm Greene"
<python at bdurham.com> wrote:
>Any suggestions on an alternative Python client-side GUI library (pyQT
>?) or tips on where I can find out more about wxPython/wxWidget
>problems?

One thing that bothers me is that it seems like there's no ecosystem
around it, so the only widgets available are those that come from
wxWidgets proper.

For instance, I find the grid object a bit  poor-featured compared to
what's available for VB6, .Net, or Delphi, but I didn't find
alternatives.