Installing simplejson issues

blwatson at gmail.com blwatson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 22:23:01 EDT 2008

On Mar 28, 1:57 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:
> En Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:14:07 -0300, <blwat... at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> > I am trying to install the twitter python wrapper...I got that
> > installed just fine, but am having serious troubles getting the
> > simplejson package to install.  I need help diagnosing where this is
> > failing.  I am trying to use:
>
> >http://pypi.python.org/pypi/simplejson
>
> > and I run "python setup.py build" and then "python setup.py install",
> > which both seem to work just fine.
>
> I don't understand - if it worked fine, what's the problem?
>
> > I tried running with easy_install, but that too is not working.  I end
> > up with:
>
> > simplejson-1.8.1-py2.5-macosx-10.3-fat.egg
>
> > in my:
>
> > /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-
> > packages/
>
> > I am on Mac OS X 10.5.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> And then you import simplejson and it fails? Or what?
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina

Yes, when I try to import simplejson, it fails

>>> import simplejson

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#284>", line 1, in <module>
    import simplejson
ImportError: No module named simplejson

there is not simplejson.py anywhere on my machine.  I understand that
I am new to python and trying to make heads or tails of what has
happened with this install process.  Any help is appreciated.