Pycon disappointment

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Mar 16 07:47:03 EDT 2008

Bruce Eckel <lists.eckel at gmail.com> writes:

> My trust has been violated. I paid a lot, in both money and time, to
> be at this conference just to be herded into a room and have my
> eyeballs sold to the highest bidder.

Hear hear.

Conference organisers, past and future, take note: Attention of
attendees is *not* a commodity to be traded. Just because some parties
will pay significant sums for that, it is *not* your place to sell it
to them.

Your place as conference organisers, rather, is to provide value to
paying attendees. Their trust is hard earned, and easily lost.

--
 \     "Oh, I realize it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at |
  `\      me: I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme |