Quit-command not quiting

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Mar 7 10:18:20 EST 2008

En Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:56:44 -0200, K Viltersten <tmp1 at viltersten.com>
escribi�:

> I entered the code from tkinter.pdf, section
> 2 but for reason, the application doesn't
> close as i press the quit-button.
>
> The wondow itself vanishes if i click the
> cross in the upper-right corner but pressing
> the quit-button only makes it "pressed".
> Then, the program freezes.

How did you run it? From inside IDLE? IDLE itself is written using Tk, and
I think that your mainloop interferes with the one inside it.
If you run your program from the command line it should work fine.

> from Tkinter import *
> class Demo (Frame):
>     def __init__ (self, master = None):
>         Frame.__init__ (self, master)
>         self.grid ()
>         self.doLayout ()
>     def doLayout (self):
>         self.quitButton = Button (
>             self,
>             text = "Quit",
>             command = self.quit)
>         self.quitButton.grid ()
>
> d = Demo ()
> d.master.title ("the coolest demo ever")
> d.mainloop ()

There is only one thing I hate more than spaces after a parens: spaces
before it :)
Please read PEP8, about the suggested style for writting Python code.
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

--
Gabriel Genellina