wxPython: some help with Drag&Drop

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:18:30 EDT 2008

On Mar 10, 4:04 pm, Eric von Horst <z80vsvi... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some advice on Drag&Drop.
>
> What I want to achieve is the following:
> -          I have a window that is divided in two : on the left hand I
> have a wx.TreeCtlr and on the other hand a wx.StaticBitmap
>
> I want to be able to drag an item from the tree onto the static
> bitmap.
>
> I know how to do drag&drop in a treeCtrl but is there a way that I can
> make the bitmap detect that something has been dropped on it?
>
> I would only need to know the name of the tree obj that was dropped on
> the bitmap (and the location)
>
> Any help much appreciated
>
> Erik

I highly recommend posting to the wxPython user's group since they
specialize in this sort of thing: http://wxpython.org/maillist.php

In the mean time, you'll probably want to take a look at their wiki:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/DragAndDrop
http://wiki.wxpython.org/ListControls

There's also a fair amount of data on the subject in their archives.

Mike