ValueError in pickle module during unpickling a infinite float (python 2.5.2)

Mark Dickinson dickinsm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:25:50 EDT 2008

On Mar 12, 11:22 am, r... at iwm.mw.tu-dresden.de wrote:
> Unpickling an infinite float caused a ValueError in the pickle module.
> I need to pickle and load infinite floats in my project. Do you have
> any suggestions how to solve the issue?

Have you tried this on the recent 2.6 alpha (Python2.6a1)?  It's
available
from

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6/

I suspect it may already be fixed there. In any case, it would be
useful if you could file a bug report at http://bugs.python.org.
It's not absolutely clear to me that this constitutes a bug
(though I think it does), but it would be worth having people look at
it.

I'm assuming that you're on Windows?  I can't reproduce the problem
on OS X.

Mark