Installing Mutagen Package On Windows

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Mar 24 13:45:52 EDT 2008

En Mon, 24 Mar 2008 03:25:02 -0300, Benjamin Serrato
<benjamin.serrato at g[^_^]mail.com> escribió:

> Hey, I've run into another problem. I am trying to install the Mutagen
> package to use as my first useful program, but can't figure out how to
> install it on windows. The README says it is a simple application of--
>
> Installing
> ----------
>   $ ./setup.py build
>   $ su -c "./setup.py install"
>
> --but I ran c:\>python c:\python25\tools\scripts\setup.py build and did
> similarly for setup.py. I also added c:\python25 and
> c:\python25\tools\scripts to my path, but this hasn't worked. I have

The setup.by you have to run is the one included in the Mutagen package,
not that one.
Unless the author provides more specific instructions, the usual way is:

- Unpack the archive into any temporary directory
- Open a console (cmd) and change to that temporary directory (cd
c:\some\temp\dir)
- Execute this command:
    python setup.py install
- That's all

If you get any error, post the whole error message here, but for specific
help on the package it would be better to contact the author directly.

--
Gabriel Genellina