Automatically fill in forms on line

Jason Scheirer jason.scheirer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 13:35:10 EDT 2008

On Mar 31, 9:50 am, "Jackie Wang" <jackie.pyt... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I want to automatically complete the following task:
>
> 1. Go tohttp://www.ffiec.gov/Geocode/default.aspx;
> 2. Fill in an address in the form "Street Address:" . e.g. "1316 State
> Highway 102";
> 3. Fill in a ZIPcode in the form "Zip Code:" . e.g. "04609";
> 4. Click the bottom "search";
> 5. In the opened page, extract and save the number after "Tract Code".
> In the example, it will be "9659".
> 6. Repeat Step 1 with a new address.
>
> Can Python realize these steps? Can these steps be done witout
> openning and IE windows? Especially, I dont know how to write code for
> step 2, 4 and 5.
>
> Thank you!

You may also want to look at the Yahoo! maps API, which will also give
you geocoding with a much nicer interface:

http://www.yahooapis.com/maps/rest/V1/geocode.html

unless you specifically need to use the TeleAtlas data or the API
licensing is incompatible with the task at hand, I'd recommend using
that instead.