Difference between 'function' and 'method'

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Mar 7 07:44:14 EST 2008

Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>En Thu, 06 Mar 2008 23:46:43 -0200, <castironpi at gmail.com> escribi�:
>> [ ... ]
>You may look at the SimpleXMLRPCServer class and see how it implements
>introspection. It's rather easy (and doesn't require metaclasses nor
>decorators nor any other fancy stuff; I think it works the same since
>Python 2.1). Apparently you're doing a similar thing, but using pickles
>instead of xmlrpc.

It's not that difficult to graft pickles into SimpleXMLRPCServer --
I've done it, and if you're trying to sling large data structures
over the connection it's a massive performance win (even with
sgmlop in place to speed up XML parsing).

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
        -- Arthur C. Clarke