How to make a Tkinter widget always visible?

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Tue Mar 11 13:57:46 EDT 2008

Miki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a simple Tkinter window with [GO] and [Quit] buttons at the
> bottom.
>
> When I resize the window to be shorter, the first thing to disappear
> are the buttons, however I want these button to be visible at all
> times.
>
> Is there a way to make sure that these buttons are always visible?

There are various ways to do this: you can set the window to be
non-resizable, or set a minimum size to it, so that it can't be resized
below that level. However, if you allow arbitrary resizing of the
window, there's no real way to guarantee that the widgets will be
visible at all times.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin