cx_Freeze : LookupError: unknown encoding: ascii

Rakesh Kumar rakesh.usenet at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 17:40:18 EST 2008

Hi -
   I created a binary using the cx_Freeze utility on Linux (wxWidgets
2.8 / Python 2.5/ Mandriva 2008 ).

  When I tried to run the binary - this is the error that I got on the
console.

  File "gdataapi.py", line 44, in __init__
    self.service.ProgrammaticLogin()
  File "/opt/software/gdata-py/src/gdata/service.py", line 284, in
ProgrammaticLogin
    auth_connection.putrequest('POST', '/accounts/ClientLogin')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/httplib.py", line 806, in putrequest
    host_enc = self.host.encode("ascii")
LookupError: unknown encoding: ascii

Can somebody point to some clues about options that need to be passed
to FreezePython API to get the right executable.

Thanks for the help.