SoC project: Python-Haskell bridge - request for feedback

malkarouri malkarouri at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:38:51 EDT 2008

On 26 Mar, 08:46, Paul Rubin <http://phr...@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
> A few thoughts.  The envisioned Python-Haskell bridge would have two
> directions: 1) calling Haskell code from Python; 2) calling Python
> code from Haskell.  The proposal spends more space on #1 but I think
> #1 is both more difficult and less interesting.

FWIW, I find #1 more interesting for me personally.
As a monad-challenged person, I find it much easier to develop
components using pure functional programming in a language like
Haskell and do all my I/O in Python than having it the other way
round.
Of course, if it is more difficult then I wouldn't expect it from a
SoC project, but that's that.

Muhammad Alkarouri