keyboard "interrupt"

John Fisher johnmfisher at comcast.net
Tue Mar 18 17:18:05 EDT 2008

Hi Group,

I have been absent a while, mainly because I have been getting better at
figuring out my own Python problems. But not this one...

I have a timed loop performing certain tasks until a total period of
time has elapsed. I would like to be able to interrupt the loop or set
various flags during execution via keyboard input. raw_input seems to
just stop everything cold. I want the ability to just sacn the keyboard
buffer and see if something is there, then proceed normally in the loop
if there is no input in the buffer. Make sense? Totally easy? Let me
know...

wave_man