Daylight savings time problem

Fabio Durieux Lopes durieux_br at yahoo.com.br
Wed Mar 26 15:37:16 EDT 2008

  Hi,

   I'm trying to execute some operations based on a file's time. The
file's time is actually the file's name (e.g. FILE1_20080326170558).
   So I do this:
   fileTimeInSecs = time.mktime(time.strptime(timeString,
"%Y%m%d%H%M"))

   timeString contains the date part of the file's name. Function
strptime returns a time_struct, but my problem is that tm_isdst is
set to 0, and when we enter daylight savings time the file's time is
off by 1 hour. This time_struct is also read only so I can't change
tm_isdst to -1.

  Anyone knows how to fix it?