Socialsoft Startup Jobs

mobiledreamers at gmail.com mobiledreamers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 23:02:21 EDT 2008

http://www.thesocialsoft.com/jobs.html
We

   - Build stuff that people love and use everyday
   - have a healthy disregard for the impossible
   - are not a conventional company and do not intend to be one
   - Think big, think fast and think ahead
   - set our goals high and work to exceed them, then we set our sights
   even higher
   - love our users more than anything else
   - launch early launch often
   - work on Web scale projects
   - believe that velocity matters
   - Care about interaction and user interface
   - grow by systematically removing bottlenecks - easy to know when
   something is a win
   - are experts in building scalable high performance clusters - scale
   horizontally
   - are scientific - collect data and understand it
   - start with "good enough" and iterate rapidly to reach perfection and
   critical mass
   - truly love the internet
   - see the elegance in simplicity
   - know what the user wants but listen to feedback
   - love to experiment with new fun viral ideas
   - are a really high energy team, it is not surprising for traffic to
   double overnight
   - aim to be better than the best
   - believe that we can change the world
   - This is a great company and we are moving quickly to make it even
   better
   - love fresh home made frozen yogurt across the street

Cutting edge Tools We use

   - we love love Python
   - cheetah
   - memcached
   - postgresql
   - berkeley db
   - starling
   - jquery
   - subversion
   - git
   - nginx
   - haproxy
   - php

We are the Most fun team in Silicon valley

   - beanbag plushies
   - Be in the driving seat of your project
   - Herman miller chairs
   - believe in developer productivity and happiness
   - live in downtown Palo Alto

You (exceptional)

   - are a brilliant web software hacker who can design, build, and ship
   interesting web products
   - are among the best at what you do and routinely solve hard technical
   problems
   - have an understanding of successful web properties
   - have some insight into what makes them resonate with users
   - want to reach millions if not billions of people through your code
   - Are pragmatic and flexible
   - Care deeply about users and the user experience
   - should be available to work full-time or more

Start your incredibly fun journey with the Socialsoft Team!

   - Join the Socialsoft dream, email jobs at thesocialsoft.com now