automatically doing some cleaning-up by the process when the systems shuts down

bharath venkatesh bharathv6.project at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 03:06:52 EDT 2008

hi ,
    thanks Gabriel ... but  r u sure if it is SYSTERM ?or is it SIGTERM ? I
am not aware of any SYSTERM signal
.. if it is SYSTERM please tell me more about it .. as google search is not
helping ..

and also is there some way for my process which is running as a daemon to
know that system was not shut down properly previously ....eg a  power
failure .. so that my program can do necessary steps if cleaning up is not
done  during its last termination