Types, Cython, program readability

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Mar 16 17:18:45 EDT 2008

sturlamolden <sturlamolden at yahoo.no> writes:

> If you don't know how to install a C compiler like Microsoft Visual
> Studio, you should not be programming computers anyway.

Utter elitist nonsense.

Programming should be made easier, and I see Python as a very good
language for making programming easier. Lowering the barrier for
prospective hackers to get into programming is a good thing. The
installation of a C compiler is incidental to that, and has no
necessary connection with programming.

Placing meaningless roadblocks, as you suggest should be done, is
anathema to education.

--
 \        "The best mind-altering drug is truth."  -- Jane Wagner, via |
  `\                                                       Lily Tomlin |