app runs fine with interpreter, but not under py2exe

Doug Morse morse at edoug.org
Fri Mar 14 11:03:35 EDT 2008

Hi,

Well, my attempt to not use the --skip-archive option didn't get very far,
as I quickly noticed that "library.zip" does NOT contain ANY .pyd files.
I'm guessing that they can't be in library.zip for a reason (i.e., they are
DLL files, essentially, and thus must be readily available to be loaded
into memory).

Is there a work-around for this, then?  That is, is there a way to either
(a) tell py2exe how to *correctly* handle multiple multiarray.pyd and
umath.pyd files or (b) perhaps rename one set of the .pyd files -- say the
numpy/core versions -- to say multiarray2.pyd and umath2.pyd, and then
manual create the "stub"-like .pyc files that py2exe creates to point to
these alternate .pyd files and then place these stubs in
library.zip/numpy/core?  Or am I just hoping for too much here and am going
to be stuck with using the --skip-archive option?

Thanks,
Doug