Europython fees (was PyCon Disappointment)

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Mon Mar 17 03:47:01 EDT 2008

Björn wrote:

>I  haven't been to EuroPython even when it has been fairly nearby
>because the entrance fee was to high. But how do you help change
>something like that?

Last year rates were: 100 Euros for early bird, 160 Euros for later
registration, 65 Euros for early students and 85 Euros for later
registration.  Thus for most people transportation costs and hotel
costs work out to more than Europython costs.  There is also a program
of financial aide for people who cannot afford the costs, approval on
a per-case basis.

Are you sure you aren't confusing us with OSCON?

Can we discuss this on europython-improve at python.org ?

Laura Creighton