embedded python in c++ packaging

Furkan Kuru furkankuru at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 08:34:58 EDT 2008

Sorry for long delay,

I've tried below code (Setting pythonpath environment variable)
and then initialize python interpreter but the embedded python interpreter
did not get the newly assigned PYTHONPATH.
I ve looked at the sys.path in python code (that is run by the embedded
interpreter) and it behaved according to older pythonpath.

Setting environment variable seemed to be correct.
Does py_initialize run in another thread so it starts before setting the
environment var?

// add custom plib.zip archive to pythonpath

if(!::getenv("PYTHONPATH"))

{

::putenv("PYTHONPATH=.;.\\plib.zip");

}

else ::putenv("PYTHONPATH=%PYTHONPATH%;.\\plib.zip");

std::cout << "PYTHONPath Set to: " << ::getenv("PYTHONPATH") << std::endl <<
"And Again: ";

system("echo %PYTHONPATH%");

Py_Initialize();

Regards,