Comunicate processes with python

Joshua Kugler jkugler at bigfoot.com
Tue Mar 18 13:13:58 EDT 2008

Adrián Bravo Navarro wrote:
>> Is there any simple way to achieve this goal? We've been thinking of
>> sockets but Im not conviced at all with that.

If you want to communicate between processes on the same host, yes, you can
use DBus or a couple of the options here:
http://docs.python.org/lib/ipc.html

If you want to communicate between hosts, then sockets is probably going to
be your only options, although there are libraries that abstract some of
that for you to make it easier to manage.  You might want to take a look at
Pyro. http://pyro.sourceforge.net/