SV: Where's GUI for Python?

K Viltersten tmp1 at viltersten.com
Sun Mar 2 11:50:58 EST 2008

>>  You should also take a look at wxGlade:
>>
>>      http://wxglade.sourceforge.net/
>>
>>  which sits on top of wxPython:
>>
>>      http://wxpython.org/
>>
>>  which wraps wxWidgets:
>>
>>      http://www.wxwindows.org/
>
> I have used wxGlade, and while it worked well
> enough, it didn't seem to fit my brain. I
> always found myself "thinking backwards" in order
> to guess how the tool needed me to do things.
> For me, though, everytime I see raw wxPython code
> these days I cringe, and am thankful that I don't
> have to deal with it anymore.

May i see a short sample of the two different
ways of coding, please? I'm very curious how
they differ (and of course, decide what's the
most pleasurable way for me).

As long as we're on the subject, i also wonder
if there's a general concensus on which
technology is recommended in the different
types of projects that are developed. (E.g.
"use A for small/fast fixes, use B for stuff
you'll need to maintain later on".)

--
Regards
Konrad Viltersten