matplotlib / legend of x-axis

Frédéric Degraeve frederic.degraeve at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 06:55:15 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,
I've got a problem concerning matplotlib/pylab. I use it to represent
curves. I will use these pictures in a report.
However, it writes me a string 'date' on the bottom of my x-axis.

I use this to produce my date axis (x-axis):

       mondays   = WeekdayLocator(MONDAY)    # every monday
        months    = MonthLocator(range(1,13), bymonthday=1)
# every month
        monthsFmt = DateFormatter("%b %d '%y")
        years    = YearLocator()           # every month
        yearsFmt = DateFormatter("%y")
#        subplot.xaxis.set_major_locator(months)
#        subplot.xaxis.set_major_formatter(monthsFmt)
#        subplot.xaxis.set_minor_locator(mondays)
        subplot.xaxis.set_major_locator(years)
        subplot.xaxis.set_major_formatter(yearsFmt)

        #subplot.autoscale_view()
        setp(subplot.get_xticklabels(), 'rotation', 45, fontsize=10)

Can you help me to remove this 'date'?
thank you!

Frédéric