lock access to serial port

kkadrese at gmail.com kkadrese at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 06:37:27 EDT 2008

not the goal setup but the way I tried it out - a webpage to send an
sms to mobile phone. This is an php what calls a python script. A
python script opens serial device, checks for gsm network, sends a
message - on all the way I try to make sure that appropriate answers
are received from the gsm device so that I know that all is going well
(and if not - cancel it with error message).

Testing it with sending an sms from two open webpages, I normally got
that one message was sent and for the other I received "try once more,
happened that and that". But I got also an inadmissible situation -
the received sms contained also unwanted text. As far as I can realize
how to deal with it is not allowing writing to the device for two
processes simultaneously.

Andra