jython jmx tutorials?

pythonNEWB noone at nowhere.com
Fri Mar 7 00:12:30 EST 2008

I am looking to try to build a simple, generic tool for basic
monitoring and gathering of config information from java app servers
such as weblogic (I know WLST is there, but I want the exercise and
for it to work with more than just weblogic), tomcat and jboss using
jython and jmx.  Can anyone recommend any docs or sites that might
have any useful info on those topics that might help me get started? I
have been using python for a year or two now, but my java skills are
pretty beginner...

TIA.