Update pytz timezone definitions

_robby rranshous at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:39:41 EDT 2008

I am looking at using pytz in a scheduling application which will be
used internationally. I would like to be able to update the definition
files that pytz uses monthly or bi-monthly.

As far as I can tell, pytz seems to be updated (fairly) regularly to
the newest tzdata, but I don't want to have to update my pytz, just
it's definitions.

http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm says that pytz "compiles tz
source into Python." Does this mean that there is already a method for
updating the definitions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is to point out
something obvious which I over looked.

- Robby