Pythons & Ladders

Asim asim.ihsan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 02:31:23 EST 2008

On Feb 28, 9:10 pm, Jeff Schwab <j... at schwabcenter.com> wrote:
> Benoit wrote:
> > Forgive my language concerning C++ as its turned the thread into
> > something I did not intend. I merely wished to point out that Python
> > was easier for me to learn than C++.  To Schwab, its likely that Mark
> > Lutz is simply a better instructor than my professor.
>
> Sorry for hijacking your thread!
>
> In addition to Python Challenge, check out Code Golf:
>
>      http://codegolf.com/
>
> It's eye-opening to see how concise the solutions can be.

You should also give Project Euler a shot:

http://projecteuler.net/index.php?section=problems

Just keep in mind two points.  One, your solutions should work with
under one minute of execution time, even in Python.  Secondly, the
main benefit of the site is attempting some of the simpler problems
and then diving head-first into the forums to see other peoples'
solutions to the same problem.

I guarantee you'll find some unique Python techniques from these
forums that should open new avenues of learning wrt Python for you.
Nothing enterprise level...but definitely interesting.  Be warned that
some of the harder problems require undergraduate-level math.