Can I run a python program from within emacs?

jmDesktop needin4mation at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 11:09:40 EDT 2008

Hi, I'm trying to learn Python.  I using Aquamac an emac
implementation with mac os x.  I have a program.  If I go to the
command prompt and type pythong myprog.py, it works.  Can the program
be run from within the editor or is that not how development is done?
I ask because I was using Visual Studio with C# and, if you're
familiar, you just hit run and it works.  On Python do I use the
editor for editing only and then run the program from the command
line?  Thank you.