Regarding coding style

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 12:40:08 EST 2008

On 2008-03-07, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net> wrote:
>> 2. You should use two spaces after a sentence-ending period.
>>
>> For heavens sake, why? I've always been obstructed by the double
>> blanks but tolerated them. Now, that i read that it actually is a
>> recommendation, i need to ask about the purpose.
>
> Like many things of this nature, the purpose is to follow the rules of
> correct English usage.

Well, no, it's to follow a particular person's choice out of the many
and various competing rules of "correct English usage". Personally,
I dislike double spaces after sentences, but it is not wrong to put
them there any more than it is wrong not to put them there.
Consistency is far more important (hence the rule, I presume).