SV: Regarding coding style

K Viltersten tmp1 at viltersten.com
Sat Mar 8 15:21:48 EST 2008

> What I really can't stand are the
> pointy-haired comment blocks at the
> beginnings of C/C++ functions that do
> things like tell you the name and return
> type of the function and list the names
> and types of the parameters. Gee, thanks.
> I never could have figured that out from
> looking at the source code itself.

Coming from C++/Java camp i can't help
noticing that in most cases, when i'm
using a class written by somebody else,
i don't want to see his/her code. I only
want to know WHAT the function does (is
intended to be doing, at least).

I don't want to look at the source code
(in some cases i can't even see the code
because it's compiled). I only care that
when i execute

  SomeType obj = SomeType();
  obj.aggregate();

the object gets aggregated. How it's done
will be up to the author. I'm just a user
of the product.

Now, i'm getting the signal that it's
done in a different way in Python. Please
elaborate. I'm very new to snakeology.

--
Regards
Konrad Viltersten