Why prefer != over <> for Python 3.0?

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Sun Mar 30 06:25:09 EDT 2008

Lie wrote:

> Ah yes, that is also used (I completely forgot about that one, my
> math's aren't that sharp anymore) and I think it's used more
> frequently than ><.

Where did you read that (I mean, which country)? I've never seen
this sign in any german or english book on
mathematics/physics/engineering I saw.

> but my argument was that no math book use != or <> (except in math
> for programmers).

That's true. Personally, I don't ever use "a!=b" in favor of "not
a==b".

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #282:

High altitude condensation from U.S.A.F prototype aircraft has
contaminated the primary subnet mask. Turn off your computer for 9
days to avoid damaging it.