Obtaining the PyObject * of a class

Michael Wieher michael.wieher at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:08:55 EDT 2008

2 things:

1st. there is a python mailing list for people interested in C++ extension
type stuff
2nd. SWIG is useless and overly complicated, its much easier to just
generate your own C++ code by hand, less confusion, and much more clarity.
I find no value in using anything else.
People complain about the "boilerplate" code, but honestly, copy & paste,
change three characters, and you're done.  And you know exactly what is
happening, how when and why.