Installing simplejson issues

blwatson at gmail.com blwatson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:14:07 EDT 2008

I am trying to install the twitter python wrapper...I got that
installed just fine, but am having serious troubles getting the
simplejson package to install.  I need help diagnosing where this is
failing.  I am trying to use:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/simplejson

and I run "python setup.py build" and then "python setup.py install",
which both seem to work just fine.

I tried running with easy_install, but that too is not working.  I end
up with:

simplejson-1.8.1-py2.5-macosx-10.3-fat.egg

in my:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-
packages/

I am on Mac OS X 10.5.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.