Why I hate lambdas (Re: Do any of you recommend Python as afirst programming language?)

Mon Mar 24 09:26:26 EDT 2008

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 04:33:53 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:

> The fact that .func_name (which is writeable) is not used at first
> surprised me until I remembered that code objects can potentially be
> used by multiple function objects and hence are not connected to any one
> in particular.

How does that happen?

And if it is the case, what's the justification for giving them a co_name
attribute? Surely the name of the function should be that of the function
object, not of one of the shared parts?

--
Steven