Book Recomendations

Jeff Schwab jeff at schwabcenter.com
Sat Mar 1 23:33:36 EST 2008

Ira Solomon wrote:
> I am an experienced programmer (40 years).  I've done Algol (if you've
> heard of that you must be old too), PL/1, VB,VBA, a little C, and a
> few other odd languages (e.g. Taskmate).
> I'm interested in learning Python and have downloaded a slew of books.
> Too many.
> I'd like a recommendation as to which books are considered to be the
> cream of the crop.
> I know there are tutorials on the web, but, again, I don't know the
> quality.  I would appreciate recommendations on those as well.

Python In A Nutshell:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonian2/

Here's a previous discussion of books for newbies, but I gave my
recommendations for other experienced programmers; be forwarned that I'm
not quite as experienced as you appear to be. :)
http://www.nabble.com/newbie-in-python-td15608979.html#nabble.star15617714-1