What is a class?

castironpi at gmail.com castironpi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 15:04:30 EST 2008

On Mar 5, 1:29 pm, Paul McGuire <pt... at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> On Mar 5, 12:50 pm, castiro... at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > What is a class that is not a module?
>
> Please stop posting these one-liner beginner questions.  If you can
> type it in one line, you can enter it on the Google.com or Ask.com
> query page and get a wealth of *existing* information, from tutorials,
> documentation, online presentations.  If you are able to phrase such a
> question, you are capable of doing a little research and
> experimentation on your own.
>
> These posts translate to "I'm too lazy to use Google, or too cheap to
> buy a Python book, or too lazy to read it, or too impatient to do my
> own experimenting - much better to just post on c.l.py and have the
> answer spoon-fed to me!"
>
> I refuse to spoon feed you the answer to this question when plenty of
> supporting material is already available.

In the future, shall I assume that other readers here have no ideas
(on this, read *ever*), that haven't already been published?  'Cause I
have.

For instance, in this example, I've tried a few approaches that didn't
turn out well.

Do you want a comparison of existing solutions?  Do you have a proof
that they exhaust the solution space?

I'm willing to address convention, in serial or parallel--- (change
subject to 'what goes on newsgroups'?), but it's not clear from fact
what assumption who has made.

Next time, why don't you say, "How much experience do you have?", or
"What level should I gear my answer toward?"