New to group

pythonnubie exxfile at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:13:04 EDT 2008

> > i  have  come across my first exeption using randrange . The exeption
> > is " no such  attribute " in  module random
>
> > platform  is xp  home  and the python  build is activestate 2.5
>
> Welcome aboard!
>
> There's definitely a randrange function in the random module, so
> something else must be wrong. To get the most out of this list and
> minimize wasted bandwidth, the most effective way usually consists of
> copying and pasting:
> 1. The offending code (or just the relevant part if it's too big).
> 2. The full traceback of the raised exception.
>
> Regards,
> George

Hwere is the complete traceback ! >>> The word is:  index

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework
\scriptutils.py", line 307, in RunScript
    debugger.run(codeObject, __main__.__dict__, start_stepping=0)
  File "F:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\debugger
\__init__.py", line 60, in run
    _GetCurrentDebugger().run(cmd, globals,locals, start_stepping)
  File "F:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\debugger
\debugger.py", line 631, in run
    exec cmd in globals, locals
  File "F:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\rand.py", line 5,
in <module>
    import random
  File "F:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\random.py", line
13, in <module>
    distributions on the real line:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'randrange'

Why  would it say  it can't find the function ?

Mark