Issues with Python + Batch File

tarun tarundevnani at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 07:55:12 EDT 2008

Hi All,
I've a batch file which invoks a python file. The python code in the file
brings up a GUI. The GUI is of a test tool which can execute scripts.

I tried using the following 2 sample of code for my batch file:

*     (1)                       (2)*
D:\opengui.py              D:\opengui.py
goto:end                   goto:end
:end                       :end
EXIT                       TASKKILL /IM C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

Double clicking on the batch file brings up a DOS BOX which opens up the
GUI. On Closing the GUI, the DOS BOX both get closed. But if I close the GUI
when a test is under execution, the GUI gets closed but the DOS BOX still
remains open.

I want to some how close the DOS BOX when the GUI is closed.

Thanks & Regards,
Tarun
tarundevnani at gmail.com