py2exe socket.gaierror (10093)

Python Programming on Win32 knut.urbye at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 10:17:15 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have encountered a problem which I can not figure out a solution
to.
Tried Googeling it, but to no help unfortunately.

The problem is running smtplib in a py2exe compiled exe file. When it
tries to establish a socket to the mail server it fails.

Just wondering someone has encountered this before, and if someone
might be able to point me in the right direction.

Unhandled exception in thread started by
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "AutomationThread.pyc", line 152, in Run
  File "mail.pyc", line 11, in sendMail
  File "smtplib.pyc", line 244, in __init__
  File "smtplib.pyc", line 296, in connect
socket.gaierror: (10093, 'getaddrinfo failed')

Thank you !