call by reference howto????

Sun Mar 16 00:56:41 EDT 2008

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:50:17 -0700, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> Small integers are cached in Python, so they always have a fixed ID
> (address).

Small integers are cached in CPython, making it an implementation-
dependent feature. I don't believe that caching is promised by the
language definition, and while CPython has a special relationship to
Python-the-language, I don't think an implementation that failed to cache
small integers would be described as "not Python".

--
Steven