Need Help Starting Out

jmDesktop needin4mation at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 12:10:05 EDT 2008

Hi, I would like to start using Python, but am unsure where to begin.
I know how to look up a tutorial and learn the language, but not what
all technologies to use.  I saw references to plain Python, Django,
and other things.

I want to use it for web building with database access.  What do I use
for that?  Does it matter what I use on the client side (mootools, or
whatever)?

My rational for using Python is because I am hoping it will allow me
to better understand other python programs in other areas, not just
web.  I have used other languages for web apps for several years.
Truth is that I always wanted to learn Python and have heard it was a
good thing to know.

Thank you.