Python-PHP bridge?

erikcw erikwickstrom at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:58:56 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm starting to translate a large legacy php app to python (django),
and was wondering if anyone knew of a bridge between the 2 languages.
(access php objects from python and vice versa).

Some of the solutions I've come across so far include using php's
passthru() ( http://us3.php.net/passthru ) and pyphp.

passthru():  I'm concerned about the potential performance hit of all
these system calls.  Isn't this the equivalent of a CGI app?

pyphp:  Seems closer to what I'm looking for, but I haven't been able
to get the examples working yet.  Maybe it is to alpha?

If anyone has any experience with these tools or others and can share
some advice, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
Erik