Problem with python

mac_the_scotte at hotmail.com mac_the_scotte at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 29 15:57:18 EDT 2008

Hi there.
I downloaded python a couple of days ago from the official site and
have started writing simple programs in the python gui (this being my
first attempt at programming ever). The only thing is when I write
python code in a text editor and save it as a .py file, when I double
click it all that happens is a black box flashes up on the screen, but
nothing else!?

At first I thought this was because I had only written a hello world
program, and that the box had displayed "hello world" and then closed.
But then I wrote a program requiring user input and the same thing
happened... Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!

//mac