html DOM

Sam the Cat sam_spam_cat at verizon.net
Sat Mar 29 19:09:28 EDT 2008

Is there a package that would allow me the same or similar functionality for
modifying html code via the DOM model as I have in JavaScript ?  I'd like to
parse an html file, then modify it and save the result.  I am not trying to
do this online, rather I would like to do this on a batch of files stored on
my hard drive.  I have found several packages that allow me to parse and
dissect html but none that allow me to modify the object and save the
results -- perhaps I am overlooking the obvious