parser recommendation

Filipe Fernandes fernandes.fd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 16:55:35 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Kay Schluehr <kay.schluehr at gmx.net> wrote:
> Nope. It just says that the parser-table construction itself relies on
> global state. But you will most likely build your parser offline  in a
> separate run.

Thanks Kay for the context.., I misunderstood completely, but your
last sentence coupled with a few running examples, cleared things
right up...

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Paul McGuire <ptmcg at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> You can use pyparsing from any thread, and you can create multiple
> parsers each running in a separate thread, but you cannot concurrently
> use one parser from two different threads.  Some users work around
> this by instantiating a separate parser per thread using pickle to
> quickly construct the parser at thread start time.

I didn't know that pyparsing wasn't thread safe.  I kind of just
assumed because of it's OO approach.  Thanks for the work around.  I
haven't given up on pyparsing, although I'm now heavily leaning
towards PLY as an end solution since lex and yacc parsing is available
on other platforms as well.

Thanks Kay and Paul for the advice...  I'm still using the first two I
started looking at, but I'm much for confident in the choices made.

filipe