At long last...

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jun 19 22:17:10 EDT 2008

Carl Banks wrote:
> Tuples will have an index method in Python 2.6.
>
> I promise I won't indiscriminately use tuples for homogenous data.
> Honest.  Scout's honor.  Cross my heart.

Use them as you want.  This change came about because .index was
included in the 3.0 Sequence ABC (abstract base class) and tuple was
included as a sequence, so .... something had to give.  The result was
tuple getting the full suite of immutable sequence methods.  And then
there was no good reason to not backport ;-).

tjr